INSECURITIES


"Nothing Holds You Back More Than Your Own Insecurities"

Like so many people out there, I too have insecurities and the most unbelievable thing is that I wouldn't have them if someone didn't had point them out to me in the first place! 
The thing about insecurities is that you don't see them until someone says something bad about it. It only takes one person, to turn something nonexistent into to some major insecurity. 

I was a very self conscious  teenager, mostly because when I reach puberty everyone around me used to pin point my "flaws" in front of everybody - there's nothing I hate more than calling people out in front of other people. I can't tell you how many times I've heard "stand straight", "you're getting fat" "you need to wear this" "you're never going to be that" etc from people close to me, that should not even think those things much less say them. The most horrible thing is that, it came to a point where I thought I deserved all that because my only answer was laughing like they were right and I just had to accepted that. Now I can see how wrong that is.  

 Even tough that happened quiet a lot, I was never one to do the same to others. I joke a lot, that's true, but I never play with other people insecurities. I don't need that to make myself feel better and if some of you do that with the excuse "I'm just joking" please stop. The person you're making fun of is probably memorizing all the words you just said and turn them into truths even though you said you were joking. 

Having a little sister, makes you see the world in a different perspective. She's 10 years younger than me and even though we have such an age difference we're really close. There's nothing that makes me more angry than seeing someone - specially an adult - pin point something about her appearance that will probably make her insecure in the future! I don't get how adults can be so stupid to the point of pointing out flaws on children! 
Now that I'm in my 20's, I reached a point in my life that what others think of me doesn't really matter and I'm proud of who I am today! 

"I have insecurities, of course, but I don't hang out with anyone who points them out to me" Adele

I hope you all get to feel the way I do. It's not that I don't have insecurities, I just try my best not to think about them the way I used to and specially don't let them consume my life the way they did before.  
You don't need everyone's approval to live your life. The people that like you for who you are, are the ones who should spend all your energy on. Also, don't forget that only week people, pick on others insecurities just to make themselves feel better so don't give them that power, simply walk away.  

 Any advice on how to deal with insecurities? Leave it in comments, it might help someone :) 
xx

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your sweet coments.
I'll reply to every single of them on the blog and I'll visit yours imeddiatly after I see your messagem.

If you need to have a more direct contact with me just email me analeotevm@gmail.com and I'll try and help you.

© MEET ME @ 2AM
Design:Maira Gall.