HOW TO: DEAL WITH STRESS

Stress noun \'stres\
A state of mental tension and worry caused by problems in your life, work, etc

We all suffer with stress sometimes. This little word has the power to turn our life upside down and make everything a lot harder than it should be. Sometimes we're the ones who cause it with our negative thinking and lack of organization but in a majority of times, it's other people who stress us. 
Being someone who struggles with anxiety, I found a few things that really help me deal with stress a lot better:

Exercise - For me, this is one of the best stress relieves I know and recommend to everyone. I always look for that hour of the day that I get to go to the gym - walk 30 minutes on the treadmill or take a 30 minute class plus don't forget the abs workout. The perfect day is when I get to do all of three. With this in mind, I don't mean you have to enroll at a gym to exercise, you can do it at home - there's plenty of workout videos on youtube - or you can go for a walk everyday for 30 minutes. At the end of the end you'll notice a big difference on your body and mind. 

Sleep 8 hours - Sleeping was always an issue for me. I suffer with insomnia which means I can spend the whole night awake and that's not good or healthy so I always force myself to have a schedule and to not over slept more than I need too. Reading a book usually helps me on those days when it's harder to fall asleep. 

Eat well - Very important. Eat food that will give you the right energy throughout the day. Stay away from processed food and sugars. Also drink plenty of water :)

Be organised - This is one that, believe or not, makes a huge different. I don't mind a bit of a mess but when it's too much to the point where I can't find anything, it becomes a problem. So keeping everything organised it's a good thing for everyone, it prevents unnecessary stress.

Music - There's nothing more relaxing, for me, than music and when you combine that with strolling around, by car or by foot, it's the perfect thing. Sometimes there's nothing that I want more than to go for a walk just too listen to music.

Avoid negative thoughts - We all have them, they are a huge pain but the key is to avoid them. Most of those thoughts, unfortunately, come from people closed to us, that instead of supporting, a lot of the times they do the opposite and make us self aware of something we probably never though about. Those people need to get a life but that's another discussion. We worry too much about stuff that usually doesn't even happen so try your best to always think positive and you'll face situations with a different perspective.  

Set goals - This is important, because it gives you a purpose. We all want something from life, the key is to see what it is and work ward to get it. It will take a lot of work, but in the end it will totally worth it. 


Also, don't forget to - STOP WORRYING ABOUT THE THINGS YOU CAN'T CONTROL.



What about you? What do you do to keep your stress levels to a minimum? 
xx



No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your sweet coments.
I'll reply to every single of them on the blog and I'll visit yours imeddiatly after I see your messagem.

If you need to have a more direct contact with me just email me analeotevm@gmail.com and I'll try and help you.

© MEET ME @ 2AM
Design:Maira Gall.