BEING INTROVERT


sweater: Forever21

Introvert: "opposite to extrovert, a person who is energized by spending time alone."


Since I can remember, I've always enjoyed to be by myself, and do things alone, which led to people categorize me as a shy person, which I can be a little in some unfamiliar situations but who isn't it? 

In a world where everyone expects you to be something - confident, outgoing, smart, extrovert - the introverts get seen as people who probably will never succeed, do to uneducated people thoughts that we lack of social skills. Well, let me tell you that's a completely nonsense. Just because I need to be alone most of the times, it doesn't mean that when I'm around people I can't function. This is really important and something you all should understand: Introverts can be very social people and get along with everybody. What happens is that those situations drain our energy to the point where we feel exhausted afterwards. Something that doesn't happen with extroverts because it's like they need to be constantly around people.  
  
What bothers me the most, is hearing people say - You need to socialize more, You need to go out more, You spend too much time alone - I wish I felt the same way as you, but I don't so don't force something on me, just because you don't understand. 

For me, it gets complicated when I go on a vacation with other people and we share a house. It's not their fault that I need time to be alone and it doesn't mean I don't want to be with them, it's just means I get exhausted when I spend too much time with people and don't have a place to go to and take breaks. One thing I do in this particularly situation, that usually helps a lot, is to get up earlier than anyone else, and spend those hours or minutes alone - reading, watching tv shows, being on the computer - hoping it will compensate for the rest of the day/night. 

This post, is mostly to help introverts realize that it's perfectly okay to be the way you are and also to help extroverts understand that we're perfectly fine, we just need to be alone more than you do. 

xx

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your sweet coments.
I'll reply to every single of them on the blog and I'll visit yours imeddiatly after I see your messagem.

If you need to have a more direct contact with me just email me analeotevm@gmail.com and I'll try and help you.

© MEET ME @ 2AM
Design:Maira Gall.