BLOG VS MAGAZINE

BLOG VS MAGAZINE | MEET ME @ 2AM

I'm back and with all my energies charged completely. The blog is about to turn 1 year in a month or so and for that I spend the last week planing new and interesting things for the blog.

The idea for this post came to me while I was strolling through magazines shelves in a convenience store on my way to my vacation house. I wanted to buy a magazine for the road and for the week since I don't have any WiFi connection there which means no blog readings for a whole week! 
As I was trying to choose one from the bunch I kept searching for something that made me want to buy it in the first place. I remember that a few years back, when my knowledge of the blogging community was poor, I couldn't wait for my grandma's subscription magazines to arrive so I could get my hands on them (after she read them, of course)  and now it's like I need a very good reason to buy one of them! 

After moments of great deliberation (and my grandpa wanting to get to the car) and I then bought a Portuguese magazine called Máxima. In my opinion it's the best one putting the Portuguese Vogue in a corner! Usually with great articles and beautiful photo shoots and actually with amazing covers. I shouldn't say this, as a lover for books that I am, but I do tend to judge a book by it's cover or in this case a magazine by it's cover, and if the cover isn't appealing enough for my eyes, I simply don't buy it! 

I noticed a lot of things that I haven't really payed much attention in the past, such as the amount you pay for less information. It's ridiculous how much publicity the Portuguese Vogue and others has compare to actual reading articles and I'm glad Máxima hasn't turned like that yet or I will stop buying magazines for sure, at least the Portuguese ones.

When it comes to blogs,  nowadays you can find anything you're looking for. You have beauty blogs, fashion blogs, cooking blogs and so much more for free! You can actually find beautiful fashion blogs with photos taken from expensive editorials or amazing beauty blogs with the latest launches and respective and reliable (most of them) reviews.
So why buy a magazine when you have all of the same information if not more all over the internet and for free? 
&
How do magazines still survive in an era where they stopped being the source of all beauty and fashion?

We're going to have to wait and see what happens in the future!
I believe it's a matter of time until magazines in paper disappear for good and start being replaced by more and more blogs and to be honest I'm not really that surprise, the quality we can find online is as good and magazine worthy compare to what we see on the shelves nowadays and let's be honest, the occupies less space in your bedroom ahah

What do you feel about the subject? 
Do you prefer reading blogs or you still wait every month for that special magazine to be in stores? 
Let me know in  comments below! 

See you on my next post,
Ana Leote

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your sweet coments.
I'll reply to every single of them on the blog and I'll visit yours imeddiatly after I see your messagem.

If you need to have a more direct contact with me just email me analeotevm@gmail.com and I'll try and help you.

© MEET ME @ 2AM
Design:Maira Gall.